Since 2004, over 13,000 nonprofits, charities and libraries in Canada have received over $129 million worth of software and hardware donations.
MapPoint 2013 North America is a mapping program that allows users to create custom maps and plan trips. It includes detailed geographic coverage for the United States, Canada, and Mexico as well as more than 200 demographic and consumer profile variables in the United States from data supplied by Applied Geographic Solutions, Inc. (AGS).
This donation provides one license.
Benefits for OrganizationsYou can use MapPoint to:
• Create maps to plan the most efficient deployment of service locations
• Create graphic visualizations of your organization’s activities to measure its effectiveness in different locations
• Plan travel for the organization’s employees, volunteers, and clients
- Map external data: By importing or linking information from Excel, Access, Outlook, or any SQL Server database to a MapPoint-based map, you can depict client bases and trends.
- Export maps to other documents: You can add customized maps to Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, emails, and other documents.
- Plan optimal routes: You can download current road construction data and view 2.5 million points of interest, such as city halls, restaurants, and ATMs, when planning a trip.
- Use with Global Positioning System (GPS) devices: You can send route information to a GPX-compatible GPS device (see the System Requirements for necessary hardware).
Obtaining This ProductInstalling this product requires installation media and a license key. The license key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for.
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. TechSoup Canada will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Software AssuranceUnder the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
• 300-MHz (or higher) processor
• 1 GB RAM for 32-bit operating systems; 2 GB RAM for 64-bit operating systems; 256 MB RAM for Windows XP
• 2.1 GB available hard-disk space
• DVD drive if installing from disc
• 1024x768-pixel (or higher) display
• Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit); Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 (32-bit only); Windows XP (32-bit only);
• Some features will not work with the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010