Since 2004, over 13,000 nonprofits, charities and libraries in Canada have received over $129 million worth of software and hardware donations.
Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium is a suite of graphic design applications for developing and publishing content for print, the web, electronic delivery, and mobile devices.
Eligible organizations may request up to a total of four individual applications or one Creative Suite application per fiscal year (1 July to 30 June) from Adobe (see Adobe's eligibility guidelines).
Benefits for Organizations
If you have experience with graphic and web design, you can use products in the Design and Web Premium suite to:
- Enhance and adjust digital images
- Create and publish printed outreach materials
- Design and develop a website for your organization
Applications in This Suite
- Photoshop CS6 Extended is a graphics editing program for 2D, 3D, motion graphics, and more. In addition to its array of features for graphic designers, Photoshop CS6 Extended offers measurement and analysis tools built with scientists and engineers in mind.
- Illustrator CS6 is a vector-based drawing tool built for professional artists and designers.
- InDesign CS6 is a page layout program built for professional print designers to create rich, complex documents. InDesign content can be exported in a variety of formats, so you can publish the same documents across print and electronic media.
- Dreamweaver CS6 is a professional HTML editor for designing, coding, developing, and publishing web pages and web-based applications.
- Flash Professional CS6 is an advanced authoring environment for creating rich multimedia content on digital, web, and mobile platforms, with or without interactivity. Web presentation requires a Flash Player–enabled browser; mobile device presentation requires a Flash Lite–enabled device. Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) desktop applications require AIR.
- Fireworks CS6 is a vector and bitmap graphics editor for optimizing images for delivery and prototyping content for interactive websites.
- Acrobat X Pro delivers advanced tools for creating, collaborating on, and controlling the output of PDF files.
- Bridge CS6 provides centralized access to project files, media, and settings for all Creative Suite products. Bridge's tagging and search functions, as well as its visual interface, are designed for convenient organization and retrieval of project data.
- Media Encoder CS6 automates the process of creating multiple encoded versions of source files, Premiere Pro sequences, and After Effects compositions.
This product license allows a single user to install and use the applications included in this suite on one computer. You can't install the individual components on separate computers.
If you're the licensed user, you may also use the software on a secondary computer. The secondary computer may be a home computer or portable computer and must be of the same platform. You may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor
- 11 GB available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation — cannot install on removable flash memory–based storage devices)
- 2 GB or more RAM; 3 GB recommended for 32-bit systems; 8 GB recommended for 64-bit systems
- 1280x800-pixel (or higher) display with support for 16-bit color; 1280x1024-pixel display recommended
- Qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card with 512 MB or more VRAM
- Windows XP with SP3; Windows 7 with SP1
- Java Runtime Environment 1.6 (included)
- For HTML5 media playback and multimedia features — QuickTime 7.6.6
- For exporting SWF files — Flash Player 10
- The capacity to download about 4.7 GB of data
- Internet connection for product activation; broadband connection for online services