- Discounted product will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- This donation is available to Canadian Registered Charities with a Confirmation of Registration letter from the Canada Revenue Agency, Canadian nonprofits incorporated either provincially or at the federal level and Canadian public libraries.
- Recipient organizations must be willing and able to provide information to Bluedrop for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial on this program.
easyLearning is a collection of 1,500 online courses in information technology, desktop skills, and professional development. The courses are presented in interactive Shockwave or Flash format and are taken online.
This product includes 10 registration PIN codes, each of which allows one person to take one of these courses. The same person may take different courses, or different people may take the same course. Organizations may use these PIN codes for their own staff or assign them to clients, constituents, or volunteers.
Each course caters to specific audiences, builds on existing knowledge, and reinforces learning through such aids as questions, practices, and quizzes. Courses sometimes include animations, audio, tips, glossaries, and suggested reading. Compression technology allows for access even on dialup accounts.
Here are some examples of popular courses:
- Information technology:
- Networking Basics
- Cisco Internetworking Technologies
- Basics of Telecommunications
- Web Design Basics
- Visual Basic 6 Introduction
- Desktop skills:
- Using Your PC
- The Linux Operating System
- Getting Started with Word 2007
- Professional development:
- Evaluating and Improving Time Management
- Developing as a Manager: The Many Roles of a Manager
- Diversity Awareness: The Evolving Labor Force
- Communicating Clearly: Write to Be Understood
Three different e-learning providers created the courses, and they all run on the easyLearning platform of Bluedrop Performance Learning. Though there are no instructors to supervise students, feedback on progress is programmed into the learning experience. A course catalog is available at the easyLearning campus along with a user manual and email support.
Students can activate courses up to two years after receiving PIN codes. Once a course is activated, it must be completed within three months. Online courses are available at all times during those three months.
A personalized certificate of completion can be printed and saved once the student passes the final exam.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
- Computer with Internet connection
- Windows 98; Windows NT 4.0; Windows 2000; Windows Me; Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Firefox; Chrome
- Any pop-up blockers must be set to allow pop-ups.
- Individual courses might have additional requirements, such as versions of Adobe Flash and Shockwave players. See the course descriptions on the easyLearning website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
EasyLearning Discount Program Guidelines
easyLearning Program Information
The courses are available to nonprofit organizations and public libraries. Each qualifying organization may request an unlimited number of discounted courses in blocks of 10. The 10 PIN codes the organization receives in each block allow the same person to take different courses or different people to take the same course.