For answers to general questions about the TechSoup Canada program, including registration and placing an order, please see TechSoup Canada FAQs.
Policy Patrol Mail Security 8 is a server-based email filtering suite for Exchange Server and Lotus Domino. It includes tools for email security, spam and fishing protection, email management, filtering, disclaimers and signatures, backups, and attachment compression.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have mail server experience, you can use Policy Patrol Mail Security to:
- Prevent messaging-related problems such as spam and phishing, legal liability, damage to reputation, productivity loss, network congestion, and confidentiality breaches
- Standardize email signatures and disclaimers
- Use email messages as promotional tools
- Spam and phishing protection: Default spam and phishing filters with customizable options help you block unwanted emails, such as messages with dangerous attachments or from senders on DNS blacklists.
- Email management and filtering: Administrators and individual users can maintain blacklists of blocked senders and whitelists of permitted senders. You and your users can also review a daily quarantine report of blocked messages to ensure receipt of non-spam email.
- Disclaimers and signatures: You can implement global or user-based email disclaimers and signatures and specify when they should be added to emails. Formatting options include pictures, tables, and text formatting, as well as Active Directory merge fields.
- Email backup: Copies of all messages sent and received can be saved to an SQL Server database. Administrators can then search for and restore lost or deleted messages.
- Attachment compression: Server-level compression and decompression of email attachments allows you to automate zipping and unzipping files and save network bandwidth.
32-bit and 64-bit Versions
Policy Patrol is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions to support installations on either 32-bit or 64-bit systems.
Policy Patrol Mail Security includes a single server license and 25 user licenses.
Red Earth Software provides email technical support with Policy Patrol Mail Security.
Additional Services Available at Reduced Rates
Registered Charities that obtain this donation can get additional licenses and services at a 50 percent discount and antivirus add-ons at a 35 percent discount by visiting http://www.policypatrol.com/techsoup.htm.
Discounted services include:
- Additional user licenses in increments of 10, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100, or more
- Additional server licenses, which must be purchased for each additional Policy Patrol Mail Security server installation, including those on cluster, backup, and front-end servers
- Full telephone support and maintenance for one year
- Antivirus add-ons from Kaspersky and BitDefender
A trial version of Policy Patrol Mail Security 8 is available online. The evaluation version is fully functional for unlimited users for a period of 30 days after installation. A license received through TechSoup will unlock it for permanent use with no need to reinstall.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
- For use with Exchange Server:
- Computer with dual-core processor
- 3 GB or more RAM
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010; Windows Small Business Server 2003/2008/2011
- .NET Framework 2.0 (included)
- For use with Lotus Domino R5/R6/R7/R8, Policy Patrol must be installed on a Windows Server 2003/2008 machine separate from the mail server. Policy Patrol cannot screen internally sent emails when using Lotus Domino. See Installing Policy Patrol with Lotus Domino for details.
- For installing Policy Patrol on a separate machine from the mail server, see additional requirements.
Red Earth Donations Program FAQs
Red Earth Donations Program Guidelines
- Donated products and discounts on additional services will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- One donation may be requested within a fiscal year (1 July to 30 June).
- This donation is available to Canadian Registered Charities with a Confirmation of Registration letter from the Canada Revenue Agency and Canadian nonprofits incorporated either provincially or at the federal level.
- Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin
Red Earth Donations Program Information
You can use Policy Patrol Mail Security to prevent messaging-related problems such as spam and phishing, damage to reputation, network congestion, legal liability, and confidentiality breaches.